Your privacy is critically important to us. At ManageYourMembers, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason or legal basis to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- We do not monetize your data.
- We collect any data only on lawful grounds.
ManageYourMembers Platform is membership bot platform designed to allow anyone – from bloggers, to podcasters, small business owners, and enterprises – to build and manage membership bots for Telegram. These membership bots allow charging a subscription fee in order to access private Telegram channels and supergroups. Our mission is to democratize publishing and community management.
- Our website (ManageYourMembers.com);
- Other user’s membership Telegram bots that use our Services.
Creative Commons Sharealike License
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Membership Bot Information: If you use our Services to sell products or services to others through your membership bot built with ManageYourMembers Platform, you will have to create an ManageYourMembers project (or several) and provide us with some information to make your membership bot work. This may include project name, description, resources (like private Telegram channels and supergroups), subscription plans (names, description, prices, included resources). You may also provide us with some extra information about your account at 3rd-party payment provider to set up an integration.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content (such as for your membership bot). For example, if you write your membership bot description that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet.
- Credentials: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with e-mail, country, credentials for your Telegram bot (API token) and your payment provider accounts.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, or post a question about your site in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services, for example, when you browse our website or create/make changes to your membership bots.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that membership bot administrators and users perform, in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on our website, our Telegram bot or membership bots built with ManageYourMembers Platform (e.g., [Telegram user ID] created a new subscription plan “[title of plan]” at [time/date]). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
- Telegram Profile: When you open one of our user`s membership bots for the first time or log in using Telegram Login Widget on our website, we collect information about your Telegram profile that we receive from Telegram. This includes your Telegram user ID and may include your first and last name, username and language code.
- Payment providers: We may also get information from payment providers that you integrate with ManageYourMembers Platform in order to accept payments from your customers with your membership bot. For example, if you connect your payment provider account (like Stripe via Stripe Connect), we will receive information from that service (such as API keys, account ID) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
Information We Do Not Collect
- Payment Information: ManageYourMembers does not process payments from users and instead relies on different payment providers around the world (like Stripe). It is the payment providers that handle and store your credit card details. Neither ManageYourMembers nor Telegram have access to this information. Although we work with payment providers they are completely independent from ManageYourMembers. Please study their relevant privacy policies before making your data available to them.
- We do not collect or process any sensitive data, that is also prohibited by Art. 9 GDPR, unless it is required by applicable law of jurisdiction, for example, in the event of court order. Under most circumstances, the types of data listed below will not be processed:
- race or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- religious or philosophical beliefs;
- trade union memberships;
- genetic or biometric data;
- health or mortality;
- sex life or sexual orientation.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services, for example, to set up, host and maintain your membership bot, backup and restore your membership bot, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services, for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their membership bots more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyse trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, for example, we may analyse how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of ManageYourMembers and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example, through an email, about offers and promotions offered by ManageYourMembers and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on ManageYourMembers and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- the use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account, for example, in order to enable access to our ManageYourMembers website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
- the use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- the use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- we have a legitimate interest in using your information, for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- you have given us your consent.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, and data escrow services that allow us to provide domain registration services, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them. Other vendors are listed in our more specific policies.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ManageYourMembers, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your membership bot name, URL and description, set of subscription plans with names, prices and list of included benefits, are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to enable advanced security settings, like Two Step Authentication in Telegram.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information and optional profile information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide us with information, which is obligatory need to provide you Services, certain features of our Services, for example, payment integration, may not be accessible, because we have no opportunity to provide such services to you.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, ManageYourMembers does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using ManageYourMembers’s website, with the drawback that certain features of ManageYourMembers’s website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your ManageYourMembers account. To do that, delete all the projects you’ve created within the ManageYourMembers website. Please, keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests, or we have other legal basis to process this information.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation, data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including:
- Right to access your personal information: at any time, you can ask us about what your personal data do we have, what do we do with them, why do we process them, who we have told about you, etc. You also can ask us to give you a copy of the personal data processing, if you like;
- Right to rectify your personal information: at any time, you can request that we update, block or delete your personal data, if the data is incomplete, outdated, incorrect, unlawfully received or there is no need to proceed it anymore;
- Right to erasure: at any time, you can ask us to delete all the personal data that we have about you – it is your right to be forgotten. We will also deactivate your account. If you do so, you will no longer have access to the Services associated with your account;
- Right to restrict the use of your personal information: for example, if you think, that your personal data is not accurate and we need time to check it, we can make a pause in processing of your personal data enough to clarify, is it so or not. If you do not request deletion, then it is possible to request the reactivation of your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. Please, note, that we cannot restore permanently deleted accounts;
- Right to object to processing of your personal information: at any time, you can tell us to stop and we will no longer process your personal data, but we can still keep them if there is legitimate basis (ground) for that;
- Right to data portability (in certain specific circumstances): if you wish, you can ask us to download (export) all personal data that we have in the format acceptable to give it to someone else or ask us to give them your data directly;
- Right not to be subject to an automated decision: if we process your personal data automatically and we take some decisions according to it, and it affects you in any serious way, you can express your point of view and contest such decision;
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you always can complain about us and about the way, we are processing your personal data.
Before we process any request, we may ask you for certain information in order to verify your identity. Where permitted by local law, we may reject requests that are unreasonable or impractical. We will respond to your requests in a reasonable timeframe. You can usually access, correct or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
Other Things You Should Know
- In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Please note that ManageYourMembers uses some 3-rd party software and services. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information, which you should review.
- Other 3rd-parties: If you’d like to use other third party plugins, extensions that enable services provided by third parties, or other third party software, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself (or your site visitors) to those third parties.
Visitors to Our User`s Membership Bots
Protecting children’s privacy is extremely important. Our Services are intended for general audiences and do not knowingly collect or process any personal information from or with respect to children under 16. Through our Services, children will be able to receive local in-app notifications, which do not collect any personal information.
We will: (1) not ask children to input their personal information, (2) collect certain information for limited purposes only (consistent with applicable law), (3) block or restrict the child from accessing relevant services, if applicable.